What is Council Platform?
Council Platform is a service for running local government CMS websites
- It’s an online service which is available immediately.
- It is fully functional from the first day you have access to it, there is no long build phase.
- It is packed with functionality which is likely to be useful to councils.
- Council Platform websites can be fully customised by customers themselves.
- The service is continuously developed and invested in, and new features are shared amongst all customers at no extra cost.
Built on the GOV.UK design system.
Benefits from the extensive user research and testing of the Government Digital Service team. 100% accessible and highly usable starting point.
Familiar and comfortable look and feel for end users. Look and feel can be customised as needed.
With an intuitive & powerful content editing experience.
Build complex and visually rich pages without requiring developer time using Council Platform's user-friendly drag and drop content editing system.
Why Council Platform?
Build and run websites without the headache
Council Platform allows you to focus on the service delivered rather than the distraction of how to deliver it.
Avoid the pain of a big custom build
- Hugely time intensive.
- High risk - every site is a prototype!
- A very long time in the making.
Reduce the challenge of keeping sites going
You don't have to worry about:
- Sourcing and retaining expertise.
- Security exploits.
- Legislation changes.
- Technology changes.
Cost savings through economies of scale
- All Council Platform sites share a common core.
- Future improvements are shared with all customers for free.
- Customise your site using your own development resources and share this with others.
Council Platform is continuously being improved
- Council Platform is supported by a dedicated team.
- Your website will always move with the times and have the latest innovations.
- Council Platform's features list will only get longer over time.
The latest News from Council Platform
The 2.4.0 release upgrades the version of Drupal core used by the Platform. It also adds an "automatic" Latest News block to the WYSIWYG editor.
The 2.3.0 release is quite exciting as it introduces an "AI Helper" to the "What You See Is What You Get" (WYSIWYG) editor of the Platform. The aim of this is to allow Content Editors to "do more".
The 2.2.0 release of Council Platform is complete. The hallmark feature of this release is the ability for sites to have more than one Events listing page and the ability to embed content items into other pages. All Drupal modules were updated to their latest versions. This update is free for…