What is Council Platform?
Council Platform is a service for running local government CMS websites
- It’s an online service which is available immediately.
- It is fully functional from the first day you have access to it, there is no long build phase.
- It is packed with functionality which is likely to be useful to councils.
- Council Platform websites can be fully customised by customers themselves.
- The service is continuously developed and invested in, and new features are shared amongst all customers at no extra cost.
Built on the GOV.UK design system.
Benefits from the extensive user research and testing of the Government Digital Service team. 100% accessible and highly usable starting point.
Familiar and comfortable look and feel for end users. Look and feel can be customised as needed.
With an intuitive & powerful content editing experience.
Build complex and visually rich pages without requiring developer time using Council Platform's user-friendly drag and drop content editing system.
Why Council Platform?
Build and run websites without the headache
Council Platform allows you to focus on the service delivered rather than the distraction of how to deliver it.
Be confident your new website can deliver for your citizens
Council Platform is:
- A known quantity which you can demo right now.
- Fully documented.
- Available immediately.
Avoid the pain of a big custom build
- Hugely time intensive.
- High risk - every site is a prototype!
- A very long time in the making.
Reduce the challenge of keeping sites going
You don't have to worry about:
- Sourcing and retaining expertise.
- Security exploits.
- Legislation changes.
- Technology changes.
Cost savings through economies of scale
- All Council Platform sites share a common core.
- Future improvements are shared with all customers for free.
- Customise your site using your own development resources and share this with others.
Council Platform is continuously being improved
- Council Platform is supported by a dedicated team.
- Your website will always move with the times and have the latest innovations.
- Council Platform's features list will only get longer over time.
The latest News from Council Platform
- News 21 February 2023
The 1.19.0 release introduces directories to media management, making it much easier to maintain and use your site's media library.
- News 21 February 2023
The 1.18.0 release includes duplicate detection and virus detection added to the media upload process. It also adds the ability to create more complex tables using the WYSIWYG editor, enabling the merging of rows and columns.
- News 15 July 2022
Microsites functionality has been in the Platform since its earliest days, as it was a requirement of a project we delivered for Warrington Borough Council in 2021. We've since refined the proposition to make it even easier to create and run multiple sites from a single codebase.
Councils we work with
Get your site online with Council Platform
Packed with features
Includes all the features expected in a best practice CMS website.
Ready to go right now
Sites are ready for content population within 24 hours. No long build time!
Continually being developed, kept current with secure updates, all sites based on a common platform.
Secure as standard
Two-factor authentication, password minimum complexity requirements with auto-logout.