The 1.16.0 release of the Platform was completed on the 14th December and is already in production usage on some sites.
The contents of this release is as follows:
- Update the Platform's WYSIWYG editor to the latest version.
This provides us with a strong foundation for further custom WYSIWYG editor development, such as supporting merged columns in the "CP Table" component and improving/replacing the WYSIWYG editor's default "Gallery" component.
- Add support for HTML documents in the "CP File" WYSIWYG component.
This was requested by Plymouth City Council in support of some PDF to HTML replacement work they are undertaking.
- Update the codebase to mop up some final PHP 8.0 compatibility notices. This concludes the PHP 8 upgrade work for the Platform. It's worth noting that it has taken us around 15 to 30 hours per site to achieve this for the bespoke Drupal 7/9 sites we support, so the common core codebase of the Platform saves a lot of maintenance overhead.
- Fix a bug whereby dragging and dropping an image file into the WYSIWYG editor can occasionally end up in an endless "silent" loop.
- Address a bug with the "Attachment" field of content items, which occurs when files have been added to the field but subsequently deleted.
- Address a minor display issue in Microsoft Edge when replacing files in the "CP File" component.
This release isn't a security release, so will be deployed to sites upon request. When the next security release of the Platform is published, all sites will gain this functionality.