The 13th major update to Council Platform was coincidentally released in the same month as Halloween.
Search in files:
Something that's been requested a lot by those with large PDF libraries. What we have done is extend the internal search engine of the platform to parse document files such as PDFs and Microsoft Word documents. The ability to "read" a PDF relies on how the PDF is marked up when it was produced. The rule of thumb is that if you can select the text using your mouse when viewing the PDF in Adobe Acrobat, then the search engine can index its contents.
However, document results will still be ranked below normal webpage results.
This functionality is optional as we realise not all subscribers will want to show Documents in their search results, although we feel from an end user's perspective it will be very useful. In the future we should be able to use this functionality to produce lists of "inaccessible" Documents, i.e. Documents that the search engine cannot read.
- Extend the "CP File" WYSIWYG component to work with off-site files, and not just those from the site's media library. This was required by Brentwood Borough Council, who use their own internal system for Document management.
- Introduce the use of CSS variables for a small selection of CSS rules we change regularly between sites. This will make it easier for clients to change the look and feel of their sites themselves.
- Facilitate the bulk import of redirect rules. Required by Bletchley and Fenny Stratford Town Council in the run up to go-live of their new site.
- Update the Font Awesome library to version 5. This is a dependency of Civica's ModernGov product and we need to keep instep with them in order for the ReverseCMS integration to work correctly.
- Enable web forms in the ModernGov ReverseCMS template. Now users can complete the feedback form even on ModernGov pages.
- Style up the "tags" pages for the News and Events listings.
- Remove the "Redirect" content types from inclusion in the sitemap.xml file.
- Display the Cookie Notice banner only to anonymous users.
- Fix an issue with the layout of the Directory content type, whereby the listing image appears in the content of the page if set.
- Bulk Media Upload - accommodate files with uppercase extensions. We ran into this niche bug when uploading photos taken on an iPhone which uses uppercase file extensions.
- WYSIWYG editor Group and Cover components - ensure that the 'Text Colour' setting takes precedent over other colour styles targeting the child content.
- Fix a styling bug whereby maps have underlines underneath the + and - button links.
- Change the CP File WYSIWYG component to use <p> tags rather than <h2> tags.
As this release doesn't contain any security updates it will be rolled out upon request only.